1939, the Southern Methodist Church (Trinity
Methodist Episcopal South) which was located on
West Maple Avenue, and the Northern Methodist
Church united as one Church. They would hold
services in one building on one Sunday and the
other on the following Sunday. This arrangement
continued until 1943 when services were
discontinued in the Southern building.
the Southern Church closed, the four stained glass
windows that were in the Southern Church were moved
to the present Church. These are the two windows in
the back and the two windows on each side at the
front of the Church (as viewed from inside the
church). The other stained glass windows currently
in place were added in 1947.
Click on the individual colored windows to view a larger image.