Trappe's United Methodist Church stands on land
purchased by the Methodists in 1784. The chapel that
was built here circa 1805 was later enlarged. The
main part of the present building was dedicated in
1883 and incorporated bricks from the previous
structure, which were then covered with stucco. The Asbury Hall addition shown here was proposed in 1954 and completed shortly after.