School in the early 1900s. The Trappe Enterprise
reported that this building was opened in 1883 and
Miss Hennie Merrick was the teacher. Its most famous
pupil was J. Franklin "Home Run" Baker.
When the new school was built on Main St. in 1922,
the primary school was closed. The building was the
moved closer to the street and remodeled into a
house. The modern address is 29441 Maple Ave.
The steeple on
this building seems to be a smaller version of the
steeple of the Methodist Church which was remodeled
that same year, 1883.