Scott's Methodist Church
      Scotts M.E. Church. The building dates from 1873 and has been enlarged several times and is shown here as it appeared in 1940.
     The land was originally owned by the Society of Friends or Quakers who built a meeting house here in 1696. In those days, Quakers could come to the meeting by boat, but that branch of La Trappe Creek silted up long ago. The Quaker meeting was discontinued in 1830 and in 1841 the half acre lot was sold to the Methodists and it became the "African" church and after the Civil War Scott's M.E. Church. The church was named for Bishop Levi Scott who helped found Morgan State University in 1866.