Chapel Methodist Church in Bruceville began in a
private home not far from the present church site.
With the passing of time, the people in the community
decided to erect a church building and such records
that are available, show that by 1885 under the
pastorate of J.W. Grubb, this church became a part of
the Trappe Circuit in the Methodist Episcopal Church,
Chapel is a part of the Trappe-Bruceville United
Methodist Charge. Services are still held every
Sunday morning. This photo from 1997 shows the church
before vinyl siding was added as part of a major
renovation in 2001.
church web site at