Trappe Pilgrim (Wesleyan) Churchs' history began
as the result of a tent meeting held in the Landing
Neck Area near Trappe in September 1899. The church
then named "Emmanuel Chapel" was built,
being dedicated on August 24, 1902. The church was
fully organized in February 1904.
The entire structure of the sanctuary was badly
damaging by fire in 1945. The brick structure which
is the present sanctuary was built in 1946.