1858 map-Ferry Neck
Ferry Neck got its name because of the ferry across the Choptank from Cambridge. Ferry farm house (circa 1730) where travelers once stayed the night can be seen immediately to the east the fishing pier which itself is just east of the new Rt. 50 bridge. The fishing pier was originally the first bridge across the Choptank River to Cambridge, dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1935. The Anchorage dating from 1835 is one of the most interesting houses in the area.